UCI Anthropology Ph.D. Alumni Publications
Leah Zani (Ph.D. 2017):
"The Dragon and the River: Poetic Parallelism in Hazardous Research" in Anthropology and Humanism, First published 26 June 2018.
Elizabeth Reddy (Ph.D. 2016):
"A world we don't know": the spatial configuration of sensory practices and production of knowledge in and around Mexican seismic monitoring. University Analytics & Institutional Research, University of Arizona, Journal of Political Ecology. Vol 25, No 1 (2019)
"Crying 'Crying Wolf': How Misfires and Mexican Engineering Expertise are Made Meaningful." Ethnos, Journal of Anthropology. DOI: 10.1080/00141844.2018.1561489 (2019)
Natali Valdez (Ph.D. 2016):
"The Redistribution of Reproductive Responsibility: On the Epigenetics of "Environment" in Prenatal Interventions" in Medical Anthropology Quarterly, Vol. 32, Issue 3 (2018)
Stephen Rea (Ph.D. 2015):
"Calibrating Play: Sociotemporality in South Korean Digital Gaming Culture" in American Anthropologist, First published 02 July 2018.
Nick Seaver (Ph.D. 2015):
"Captivating algorithms: Recommender systems as traps" in Journal of Material Culture. https://doi.org/10.1177/1359183518820366 (2018).
UCI Anthropology Ph.D. Publications
"Solarpunking Speculative Futures" in Cultural Anthropology website, December 18, 2018.
Affiliated Research Centers
- Center for Asian Studies
- Center for Citizen Peacebuilding
- Center for Demographic and Social Analysis
- Center for Ethnography
- Center for Organizational Research
- Center for Research on International Migration
- Center for Research on International and Global Studies
- Center for Global Peace and Conflict Studies
- Critical Theory Institute
- Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion
- Humanities Research Institute